HEALTHY ORIGINS 5-HTP BENEFITS:
- 5-HTP is used to promote healthy serotonin levels in your body. When we have healthy serotonin levels, our mood is stabilized. Say goodbye to crazy mood swings.
- 5-HTP is CONVERTED into serotonin, also known as the ‘happy’ brain chemical. Usually, serotonin levels are lower in those with Fibromyalgia and autoimmune conditions. Serotonin is involved in a lot of important functions in your brain, so a lot can go wrong when it’s dysregulated.
- Commonly known to help many suffering with a variety of conditions including; weight loss, depression, anxiety, PMS, fibromyalgia, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and headaches.*
FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS 5-HTP MADE FROM?
5-HTP products are made from the seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia, a plant native to Africa.
WHAT DOES 5-HTP DO IN THE BODY?
5-HTP is used to promote healthy serotonin levels in your body. When we have healthy serotonin levels, our mood is stabilized, say goodbye to crazy mood swings.
The body makes 5-HTP naturally from tryptophan and, then, converts it into serotonin. This neurotransmitter has many powerful effects on the brain.
Physicians suggest taking a 5-HTP supplement instead of a serotonin supplement because 5-HTP can access the brain from the bloodstream as compared to serotonin, which can’t.
In order to access the brain, chemicals and compounds will have to pass the blood-brain barrier, which allows chemicals to reach the brain. Therefore, you would need to take a supplement that can cross that barrier, like 5-HTP, in order to increase serotonin levels in the brain.
As serotonin levels increase your hunger decreases and you feel satiated faster without feeling the need to restrict your food intake. A study found that women ate fewer carbs without even trying!
HOW CAN 5-HTP HELP ME?
5-HTP is used for a variety of conditions, including weight loss, depression, anxiety, PMS, fibromyalgia, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and headaches.*
5-HTP BENEFITS OVER TRYPTOPHAN
5-HTP is Readily Made into Serotonin
- The amino acid tryptophan is converted to 5-HTP before it is converted to serotonin. TPH1 and TPh2, the enzymes responsible for converting tryptophan to 5-HTP, are the slowest (rate-limiting) enzymes in serotonin production.
- 5-HTP is readily and freely converted to serotonin without biochemical inhibition.
5-HTP Readily Crosses the Blood-Brain Barrier
- Tryptophan competes with leucine, valine, tyrosine, and isoleucine to cross the blood-brain barrier through the large neutral amino acid (LNAA) receptors.
- 5-HTP, however, does not compete with other amino acids to enter the brain.
- 5-HTP readily crosses the blood-brain barrier without receptors or channels.
5-HTP Bypasses Neurotoxic Tryptophan Metabolites
- Tryptophan can be converted into kynurenic acid and quinolinic acid, which are involved in psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, anxiety, depression, and ADHD.
- These conversions happen more in individuals with inflammation, which may be a link between inflammation and psychiatric or neurological disorders.
- 5-HTP is not directly converted into neurotoxic metabolites, but high levels of serotonin may cause a feedback that increases these metabolites.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON DOSAGES FOR CHRONIC CONDITIONS?
- Depression, a recommended dose of 5-HTP is 150 mg to 300 mg per day.*
- Primary fibromyalgia syndrome, a recommended dose is 100 mg, three times a day*
- Headache, 300–600 mg has been taken by mouth daily in divided doses.*
- Hot flashes, 150 mg has been taken by mouth daily for 4 weeks.*
- Mood, 50 mg has been taken by mouth in 2 separate doses.*
- Obesity, 8 mg per kilogram of body weight or 750–900 milligrams has been taken by mouth daily.*
- Psychiatric disorders, 25–350 mg has been taken by mouth daily for anxiety.*
- Sleep disorders, 100 mg has been taken by mouth at 7:30 p.m., followed by 200 mg at 9:00 p.m. for 5 nights*
For other uses, talk with your doctor or follow the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Do not double up on doses if you miss a dose.
IS 5-HTP SAFE?
Well, it’s a naturally occurring compound in the body. 5-HTP is mostly safe for short-term use (up to 12 weeks).
However, those with existing GI problems should be cautious and speak to a physician, as there are reports of gastrointestinal side effects, including nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
Also, avoid taking this supplement if you’re already taking antidepressants (such as an SSRI or MAOI) or are seeing a mental health specialist for severe depression or bipolar disorder.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use 5-HTP.
HOW TO USE FOR BEST RESULTS
Take one (1) capsule or two (2) capsules preferably on an empty stomach, or as directed by a physician
Please ensure this product does not interact with any medications you may be currently taking. Avoid taking this supplement if you’re already taking antidepressants (such as an SSRI or MAOI) or are seeing a mental health specialist for severe depression or bipolar disorder.
When starting, try to ease your body into taking 5-HTP by taking a small dose and increase after speaking with a naturopath doctor.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Preferably, take on an empty stomach
- Eat whole foods (8-12 servings) a day of veggies, nuts, fruits, and seeds to help your cells have the nutrients it needs to work function and take care of your organs. By eliminating processed foods, heavy carbs, and refined sugars, it will drastically aid in helping your cells detox. Then, you have to boost your mitochondrial function and provide them with the right nutrients.
- Best if taken in rotations, 12 weeks on and off.
INGREDIENTS & DETAILS
5-Hydroxytryptophan, Rice Flour, Vegetable Capsule (HPMC, Water)
No yeast, wheat, soy, milk, egg, artificial preservatives or sweeteners, artificial colors, gluten, fish, shellfish, peanuts, or gluten
- Manufactured in a cGMP certified facility
- 5HTP has no yeast, wheat, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts, or gluten
- NO ARTIFICIAL preservatives or artificial colors, and no sweeteners
- Healthy Origins is a naturally occurring standardized extract of Griffon simplicifolia containing greater than 99% pure 5 hydroxytryptophan (5 HTP)
- No fillers, binders, or questionable ingredients
- Standard pill size
- Strive to ship in 1 day
Order today to get your life back on track!
“I believe quality, affordability, and sourcing of ingredients are what makes the difference between products that help or those that can contribute to illness over time. No fillers and binders are one of the biggest must-have’s on my checklist!” – Janeen Qadri, CEO of Lupus Health Shop
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Anything said on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See our terms and service for more information. As with any dietary or herbal supplement, you should get advice from your healthcare practitioner for the use of this product.If you are nursing, pregnant, or considering pregnancy, you should consult your healthcare practitioner prior to using this product. Keep safe and out of the reach of children.
While Lupus Health Shop strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Lupus Health Shop.