- KNOWN TO HELP in peripheral neuropathy by relieving nerve pain and supporting nerve regeneration. It protects from neurotoxicity and restores nerve function.
- FEEDS YOUR CELLS nutrients it needs so that you can have the energy to spend time with your children, friends, or family.
- Acetyl-l-carnitine is structurally similar to acetylcholine which has many functions like fight or flight response and memory retention. This link with the brain chemicals makes acetylcarnitine, a potential therapeutic agent for brain and nervous system disorders. It has been used for treating Alzheimer’s, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, brain injury and cognitive impairment.
FREQUENTY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS ACETYL-L-CARNITINE?
Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR) is produced in the brain, liver, and kidney. It facilitates fatty acid oxidation, enhances acetylcholine production and stimulates protein and membrane phospholipid synthesis.
WHAT IS METABOLIC BURNOUT & HOW CAN DOCTOR’S BEST SUPPLEMENTS HELP?
Your cells are powered by mitochondria. When your mitochondria are lacking the right environment to thrive, it doesn’t work right which can be assoicated with the symptoms you’re experiencing.
Your metabolism runs less efficiently and basically shuts down. Many problems occur because of this and mitochondria are very sensitive to damage. So, it’s VERY important to take care of the power source of your cells.
HOW DOES IT HELP SUPPLY THE BRAIN WITH ENERGY THROUGH MITOCHONDRIAL EFFICIENCY?
The acetyl groups donated by ALC can be used to naturally synthesize acetyl-CoA, the key substrate for energy metabolism in the mitochondrion.
Acetyl-CoA enters the Krebs cycle, the mitochondrial pathway that generates cellular energy in the form of ATP.
Age-related decreases in mitochondrial oxidative capacity are a well-known cause of aging, as the organelles and organs in the body begin to operate less efficiently without ideal ATP production.
The effects of decreased mitochondrial oxidative capacity are especially prevalent in organs that require high-energy inputs, such as the brain and heart. Recent clinical studies have shown that ALC helps to promote and maintain healthy mitochondrial function.7
WHAT IS A METABOLIC TUNE-UP?
Dr. Bruce Ames is a well-known scientist from the University of California, Berkeley. He’s spent over 10 years figuring out how we can have a metabolic tune-up.
In one of his studies, he gave 2 compounds to old rats who were tired and didn’t want to swim far or even get on their treadmill. Plus, they couldn’t even find their delicious cheese in the maze.
He gave them alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl- L – carnitine.
Overnight, these rats swam long distances, ran on the treadmill without any fatigue, and easily found their cheese in the maze!
So, metabolic burnout is when your cells lack the materials needed for optimal function.
In humans, eating processed foods, artificial sugars, foods full of empty calories, internal and external toxins, chronic inflammation and an imbalance of hormones can cause this.
By eliminating the above it will help your cells detox.
Then, you have to boost your mitochondrial function and provide them with the right nutrients.
Eat whole foods (8-12 servings) a day of veggies, nuts, fruits, and seeds.
Supplementation will help with this process as it can be very hard to get all of your servings in every single day.
HOW TO USE FOR BEST RESULTS
Take 2 capsules daily with food.
Additional benefits: Take 4 capsules a day
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Based off of this study, 500–1000 mg two to three times per day, typically for an 8-week trial, with gradual tapering of the dose if subjectively effective; discontinue if ineffective.
Consult with your naturopath or functional medicine doctor.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Preferably, take on an empty stomach
- Eat whole foods (8-12 servings) a day of veggies, nuts, fruits, and seeds to help your cells have the nutrients it needs to work function and take care of your organs. By eliminating processed foods, heavy carbs, and refined sugars, it will drastically aid in helping your cells detox. Then, you have to boost your mitochondrial function and provide them with the right nutrients.
- Best if taken in rotations, 12 weeks on and off.
INGREDIENTS & DETAILS
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (from BIOSINT Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl) 1000 mg, Magnesium silicate, microcrystalline cellulose, modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule), silicon dioxide, stearic acid.
- Manufactured in a cGMP certified facility
- non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, soy-free
- 5HTP has no yeast, wheat, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish, peanuts, or gluten
- NO ARTIFICIAL preservatives or artificial colors, and no sweeteners
- No fillers, binders, or questionable ingredients
- Standard pill size
- Strive to ship in 1 day
Sick of dealing with side effects from nerve pain relief medications? Order today!
“I believe quality, affordability, and sourcing of ingredients are what makes the difference between products that help or those that can contribute to illness over time. No fillers and binders are one of the biggest must-have’s on my checklist!” – Janeen Qadri, CEO of Lupus Health Shop
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Anything said on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See our terms and service for more information. As with any dietary or herbal supplement, you should get advice from your healthcare practitioner for the use of this product.If you are nursing, pregnant, or considering pregnancy, you should consult your healthcare practitioner prior to using this product. Keep safe and out of the reach of children.
While Lupus Health Shop strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Lupus Health Shop.